Sunday, August 9, 2009

First Days Home

Thank you for all of the wonderful messages, texts, emails, and well-wishes. I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to anyone yet-it's just been a crazy few days! I think about my friends & fam a lot and know you are thinking of us-I promise I will call you or email you soon! :)

Here are a few pics from the last few days...

Coming home from the hospital. Here's Ellie's first time in her carseat. Like I said in the last blog, I was a little emotional leaving the hospital (and pretty much the next few days) and started crying when we got outside..."This is Ellie's first time outside! She's never been outside before." She slept the whole way home!


Here she is sitting with Nona (Thomas' Mom) during lasagna dinner. Looks like she was dreaming of eating, too.


A big yawn in the swinging chair. She likes this for about 5 minutes...I think she's still a little too small for it. We had our first Dr. Appt today (Tuesday). The pediatrician wanted to check on her weight 24 hours after she left the hospital. She gained 4oz! So as of Monday she was back up to 6lb even. She got a clean bill of health and the Dr. said she's "perfect"...we already knew that!


Ellie's first bath! She seems to like it...

...then realizes she doesn't. She did just fine though! She loved the sound of the water and the warm water on her head, but didn't really like it when we were "sponging" her off. She was warm and cozy though once we got the towel on her.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I am so glad to see the blog...This is an awesome way for me to get my daily dose of Ellie! I can't wait to show the girls. That way the next time the first thing out of Emma's mouth in the morning is "I want to see Ellie Grace!", we can log right in!!!

    Regina

    ReplyDelete