Thursday, August 6, 2009

Prodromal Labor

Well the labor process has begun. No "real" news yet...just prodromal/early labor.

I have been having mild contractions since last night (about 24 hours now) and went to the Dr. today for a check-up. I am definitely having contractions, but unfortunately they are not strong enough to bring on real/active labor-they're pretty non-progressive in nature. I haven't dilated at all yet, although I am 50% effaced. So anytime between every 4 and 15 minutes, I have a lovely, strong, little contraction.

This is the beginning of the end...but who knows if this stage will last just a few more hours before I'm admitted to the hospital or a few more days! My due date is next Saturday, August 15, and it wouldn't be unheard-of if I had these pains the whole time. My neighbor down the street had contractions every 2 minutes for a WEEK before she really made progress enough to be admitted.

Just thought you'd like to know the update. And we'll let you know when we move to next stage!

(I don't think you can hear it in my tone, but we are very excited to be making progress! But I'm also freaking out a little bit, too.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment